Dr. Courtney R. Herbert, MD, MPH
Dr. Herbert is an accomplished board-certified dermatologist with extensive experience in medical and cosmetic dermatology. Her interests include pigmented lesions, comprehensive skin examinations, preventing skin cancer, and optimizing your skin care regimen to make you look your absolute best.
Here are a few professional awards Dr. Herbert has achieved:
- Voted “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine by her fellow physicians in 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2020
- Recognized as a “Top Doctor” by both the Northern Virginia Magazine (2011, 2012, 2017 and 2020) and Castle Connolly
- Voted “Best Dermatologist” in Arlington Magazine for 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020, as determined by a reader poll
- Selected in 2018 to be in the “Who’s Who Top Doctors Honors Edition” as a recognition of her vast professional accomplishments
- Voted "Neighborhood Favorite" through next door in 2020
She is a 1999 graduate of Georgetown University Medical School and also earned her Master’s in Public Health at the George Washington University Medical Center. She completed her internship at Georgetown University in General Internal Medicine and her Dermatology Residency at Tulane University Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Dr. Herbert has given numerous lectures at medical conferences and has published several articles on dermatology and public health issues. She holds medical licenses in Virginia, Maryland, Washington, DC, Illinois, and Louisiana.
She is a member of:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatologic Surgery
- Womens Dermatology Society
- Virginia Medical Society
- Arlington County Medical Society
- Washington DC Dermatological Society
- Leadership Society with the Dermatology Foundation
- National Psoriasis Foundation
- Georgetown Clinical Society
Dr. Herbert is actively involved in local charities including the Virginia Hospital Galen Foundation, the Cancer Survivorship Fund, and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. She also volunteers through the American Academy of Dermatology and with local Virginia schools to promote sun protection and skin cancer awareness.
Dr. Herbert lives in McLean, Virginia with her family. Dr. Herbert enjoys any sports activity as well as reading, traveling and spending time with her two young sons.