Planning Your First Visit
FDL Dermatology looks forward to working with you and delivering the best medical care possible for you and your family.
To ensure your first visit is as smooth as possible, please:
- Please fill out the new patient paperwork online prior to your first appointment.
- Bring your insurance card and photo ID/for pathology and laboratory testing.
- Bring a translator if necessary.
If you are a patient under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must accompany you on your first visit.
It is required that you download our new patient paperwork to bring to your first appointment.
We ask that you give us 24 hour notice if you must cancel or reschedule a medical, cosmetic or surgical appointment.
If you cancel within 24 hours, you will be assessed a $50 missed appointment fee for medical appointments and $100 for surgical or cosmetic appointment.
Because we confirm you appointment via email and text message, please make sure you provide us with the best phone number and email to reach you.
Accepted Forms of Payment
FDL Dermatology is out-of-network for all insurance plans and is an OPT-OUT Medicare provider. Our office is direct pay and payment is due at the time of service. We offer affordable and transparent pricing with no hidden or additional charges after your visit. Same day appointments are available and we are able to accommodate most patients within a week of their appointment request
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
At your visit, you will either be given a written prescription or we will call the pharmacy of your choice with your medication.
We do not:
- Fill new prescriptions based on medical conditions that are described over the phone
- Write prescriptions for family members of our patients unless that person is a patient of FDL dermatology as well
If you are an established patient at our practice, we recommend that you do the following to ensure that you have an adequate supply medication:
- Ask for prescription refills during appointments
- Keep all appointments, as we do not routinely fill prescriptions for patients not seen within the last year
- Check the medication label to ensure that you are receiving the correct medicine in your name
- Bring your medication list with you to your appointment